Sunday, 31 March 2013

Libya has no objection to re-open Lockerbie case

[This is the headline over a report on the Gulf News website dated 28 March on a visit to the United Arab Emirates by Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zeidan.  It reads in part:] 

Libya has no objection to re-open investigation into the 1988 bombing that brought down Pan Am flight 103 over Scotland, killing 270 people, Libyan Prime Minister said yesterday.

“We have no objection to re-open [investigation into] the Lockerbie case to uncover the truth. And not to pay any [additional] compensation,” Libyan Prime Minister, Ali Zeidan told Gulf News during his meeting with the Libyan community members in Abu Dhabi.

Zeidan stressed that Libya will not pay any additional compensations. “The case was [financially] settled and we paid compensations.”

Britain insisted that the investigation into the case remains open, after a Libyan minister told The Daily Telegraph that the government there regarded the inquiry as over.

Prime Minister David Cameron said last month he was “delighted” that detectives from Dumfries and Galloway Constabulary were going to the Libyan capital. The American government has also shown renewed interest in the case. Senior officials in the Libyan government have told The Daily Telegraph that they had been receiving regular visits from US diplomats.

In 2003 the Libyan government paid $2.16 billion (£1.43 billion) in compensation to the families of the Lockerbie victims, and Ahmad Own, Libya’s then ambassador to the United Nations, submitted a letter to the Security Council formally accepting “responsibility for the actions of its officials” over the Lockerbie bombing.

The settlement came as part of an exchange for the removal of UN sanctions.

The Libyan prime minister made it clear his government is prepared to reopening of the case, but it will not allow Britain and the US to use any new investigation as a way to demand further financial compensation.

1 comment:

  1. MISSION LOCKERBIE, 2013 (google translation, german/english):


    When Detective Superintendent Mr. Michael Dalgleish of Dumfries & Galloway Constabulary in Scotland really wants to uncover the MST-13 timer Evidence of Fraud, it must not send his men to Libya, but accept an official summons from Edwin Bollier and ex engineer Ulrich Lumpert (MEBO Ltd.) towards Dumfries in Scotland.

    Along with new US and UK forensic experts rapidly undoubtedly we can proven that the real MST-13 timer fragment (PT-35) was derived from a prototype MST-13 Circuit Board, therefore not come of one of the 20 pieces of MST-13 Timer, delivered to Libya, two years before the Lockerbie Tragedy...

    Important: The MST-13 timer fragment (PT-35) is the only circumstantial evidence that the court in Kamp van Zeist (2001) brought Libya in connection with the PanAm 103 bombing !

    The late Abdelbaset Al Megrahi and Libya have nothing to do with the Lockerbie Tragedy !



    Wenn Detective Superintendent Mr. Michael Dalgleish von Dumfries & Galloway Constabulary in Scotland wirklich den MST-13 Timerfragment Beweisbetrug aufdecken will, muss er seine Leute nicht nach Libyen schicken, sondern akzeptieren eine offizielle Vorladung von Edwin Bollier und ex Ing. Ulrich Lumpert (MEBO Ltd) nach Dumfries, Scotland.

    Zusammen mit neuen US und UK forensic Experten kann in kürzester Zeit zweifelsohne bewiesen werden, dass das reale MST-13 Timerfragment (PT-35) von einem Prototyp MST-13 Circuit Board abstammt, also nicht von einem der 20 Stück nach Libyen gelieferten MST-13 Timer.

    Wichtig: Das MST-13 Timerfragment (PT-35) ist das einzige Indizienbeweistück, welches vom Gericht in Kamp van Zeist (2001) Libyen mit dem PanAm 103 Attentat in Verbindung gebracht hatte !

    Der verstorbene Abdelbaset Al Megrahi und Libya haben nichts zu tun mit der PanAm 103 Tragödie !

    by Edwin Bollier, MEBO Ltd. Telecommunication Switzerland, URL: