Friday, 16 October 2015

Two new Lockerbie bombing suspects identified

[This is the headline over a report published late last night on the BBC News website. It reads in part:]

Scottish prosecutors want to interview two Libyans they have identified as new suspects over the Lockerbie bombing.
They believe the two suspects acted along with Abdelbaset al-Megrahi - the only person to have been convicted of the atrocity.
The BBC understands the pair are Mohammed Abouajela Masud and Abdullah al-Senussi.
A total of 270 people died when the Pan Am 103 flight was blown up on the evening of 21 December 1988.
The flight was on its way from London to New York when it exploded above Lockerbie, in southern Scotland, killing everyone on board and 11 people on the ground.
Senussi was the brother-in-law and intelligence chief of former Libyan dictator Colonel Gaddafi. He is currently awaiting execution in a Libyan jail.
Masud is reported to be serving a prison sentence in Libya for bomb making.
Both men were named as possible suspects in the bombing by an American TV documentary last month.
Scotland's Lord Advocate Frank Mulholland QC recently met the US Attorney General, Loretta Lynch, in Washington to review progress made in the ongoing investigation.
They have now requested permission from the Libyan authorities for Scottish police and the FBI to interview the two new suspects in Tripoli.
A Crown Office spokesman said: "The Lord Advocate and the US Attorney General have recently agreed that there is a proper basis in law in Scotland and the United States to entitle Scottish and US investigators to treat two Libyans as suspects in the continuing investigation into the bombing of flight Pan Am 103 over Lockerbie.
"The Lord Advocate has today, therefore, issued an International Letter of Request to the Libyan attorney general in Tripoli which identifies the two Libyans as suspects in the bombing of flight Pan Am 103.
"The Lord Advocate and the US Attorney General are seeking the assistance of the Libyan judicial authorities for Scottish police officers and the FBI to interview the two named suspects in Tripoli.
"The two individuals are suspected of involvement, along with Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi, in the bombing of flight Pan Am 103 in December 1988 and the murder of 270 people."
The Libyan attorney general declined to comment to the BBC on whether a letter had been received from the Crown Office and whether the Libyan government would be assisting in the investigation.
Libya has struggled to stabilise since ousting long-term leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi in 2011. Elections in 2014 produced two rival governments as Islamist and secular militias fight for control of the country.
The Crown Office said it would be inappropriate to confirm any identities to preserve the integrity of the investigation.
Megrahi's part in the bombing has been called into question in a series of books and documentaries.
And a petition seeking "Justice For Megrahi", backed by politicians and family members of some victims, was raised at the Scottish Parliament in 2012.
Jim Swire, whose daughter died in the bombing, told the BBC: "I think there is a need for evidence to be made available as to why these two are suspects.
"We have recently been refused permission in Scotland to have to have a further appeal held into Megrahi's conviction, and many in this country simply don't believe Megrahi was involved and that this was a miscarriage of justice.
"To try and bolt two more names on top of that is a very difficult situation. It will need to be supported by better evidence than was produced to achieve the conviction of Megrahi."
But Frank Duggan, president of Pan Am 103 Relatives, told BBC Radio Scotland's Newsdrive programme he was not confident there would be further prosecutions.
He said: "I would like to think there would be, but they would have to be indicted by the US government or by the Scottish government and the Libyan government would have to turn them over - the Libyans have always said they are not going to turn over anyone to a foreign government.
"And it's been 26 years. It's too long, people are dead, stories have been forgotten.
"I'd like to think that it will be one small measure of closure but I don't expect the kind of justice that we all hope for."
Stephanie Bernstein, who lost her husband in the bombing, told the BBC that she was "surprised, delighted and really gratified" by the announcement.
She added: "There are many, many people who I hope are not sleeping so well tonight knowing that the Scottish government and the US government are committed to pursuing this case."
[Other reports about this development can be read here (Reuters news agency); and here and here (both The New York Times).]


  1. DOSSIER LOCKERBIE, 2015 (google translation, German/ English):

    We, MEBO Ltd hope that the Scottish evidence fraud against Abdelbaset Al Megrahi and Libya, finally is revealed by a new proceedings of the Court,. If the assertion by filmmaker Ken Dornstein, against the Libyan ex official, "ABU Agela" (Abu Agila Masud) - for the FBI, Department of US Justice and the Scottish Police/ Justice UK, is in accordance with the truth, must the United States District Court of Columbia and the Justice of Scotland UK, by the head of the Tripoli Government, 'Khalifa Ghwell', demanded immediately, with a new indictment against Abu Agela, for a extradition to the International Criminal Court (ICC) in the Hague

    The Libyan official who had served under ex Col. Muammar Gaddafi's government named "Abu Agila Masud", was identified by Ken Dornstein, as the "man with very dark skin". Ken Dornstein is giving in his documentary film the premature impression to the world population, that this man is - together with Abdelbaset al Megrahi - responsible for the attack on PanAm 103 over Lockerbie...

    Abu Agila Masud, was not convicted to death, in a trial in July, 2015 in Tripoli, therefore it must not be a problem to extradite him. It is now up to the International Criminal Court (ICC) in the Hague to judge, if Dornsteins premature allegations can be backed by evidence.

    If Mr. Ken Dornstein, for his late brother David Dornstein will find the truth, Dornstein must deal first, exclusively (100%) with the ultimate "indoctrinated" manipulated MST-13 timer fragment puzzle (PT-35 >> PT-35/b >> DP-31/a).
    Here is the truth and only the truth about the false Scottish court ruling (Miscarriage of Justice) against the innocent, unfortunately deceased, Abdelbaset Al Megrahi an Libya !

    Al Megrahi & Libya have nothing to do with the attack on PanAm 103 over Lockerbie ! Mr. Al Megrahi was innocent in prison 10 years - He remains the political victim No. 271!
    Was Dornstein's film made about the guilty conscience, because of the acceptance of blood money of US $ 2.7 billion to satisfy ?
    Please visit information link, Clearing House: Lockerbie : $2.7 billion Sham and Shame !

    by Edwin Bollier, MEBO Ltd Telecommunication Switzerland, webpage:

  2. And yet evidence that Allen Faraday lied when he stated the fragments were "as alike as two thumbprints" and Rolfes overwhelming evidence that the bomb went aboard at Heathrow goes unreported or dismissed as a conspiracy theory. Meanwhile that insect Frank Duggan is asumed by the media to be an authority on the subject. Disgusting.