Saturday 12 January 2008

Service -- of a sort -- resumed

I have arrived at my base in the Northern Cape, where I discover that my internet connection is even slower and less reliable than I had anticipated through previous experience here. Sending and receiving e-mails is problematical, and performing an internet search is virtually impossible. It therefore looks as if updating this blog will have to be largely confined to such research as I can do during my weekly trips (over eighty kilometres of dirt roads) to the nearest centre of population where there is an internet café with a broadband connection. May I therefore repeat my plea to readers of the blog to e-mail me with Lockerbie-related material that they have found.

I am very grateful to Pierre Prier of Le Figaro for sending me the English version of the article from al-Quds al-Arabi, a slightly shortened version of which will appear as the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment