Tuesday 30 October 2007

Lockerbie - Time for the Truth

"In the early 1990’s I was being shown around some of the more affluent parts of Damascus. One particular building complex seemed to be under heavy guard by numerous men. I asked my guide what the building was, thinking it was an embassy or consulate. He shook his head and asked me 'Do you remember your Lockerbie air crash?' I said that I did. My guide nodded towards the building and simply said, 'He organized it.' I asked my guide who the 'he' in question was, but only received a pair of raised eyebrows and a tilt of the head as a response."

This is an excerpt from an article by Julian Worker on suite101.com subtitled "Revenge was the reason but the wrong country was blamed". See
http://middleeasternaffairs.suite101.com/article.cfm/lockerbie_time_for_the_truth

1 comment:

  1. Prof. Black,
    It would seem that even the dogs in the streets of Damascus would suggest that Ahmed Jibril has, at the very least, intimate knowledge on the method used and cuplrits behind the Lockerbie bombing.

    For your information here is an article I picked up on over the weekend on the old friend of Oliver North, Monzer Al-Kassar. The US have, last week, successfully convinced a Spanish court to extradite him to the US to face charges of arms dealing. Some would say this is another individual who may have greater knowledge of the Pan Am disaster than has been explored by any of the investigators since 1988.

    http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/10/26/spain.extradition/

    ReplyDelete